MHTA – Do you wish the Minnesota Department of Revenue had an app to make your business life easier? If so, department leaders want to hear from you.
“Customers R #1” said Revenue Deputy Commissioner Matt Massman via text. “We want 2 hear UR gr8 ideas – Tweet or FB ur app idea.”
As part of its process to develop a mobile app, hundreds of employees weighed in during a recent online “innovation jam.” More than 400 department employees posted over 60 mobile app ideas and cast nearly 800 votes on their favorites in a freewheeling cloud-based discussion.
Employee mobile app ideas included:
- Using GPS to help businesses calculate and pay correct the sales tax.
- Tracking tax refund status.
- Getting tax debt balances on payment plans.
- Making a payment using “photo pay.”
Send your ideas or comments by Dec. 13:
- Post on Facebook page www.facebook.com/mnrevuenue
- Send tweet to @mnrevenue and use #DORapp
- Email at firstname.lastname@example.org
“Innovation and customer service are core values here. We know that everyone from business people to tax professionals to busy parents expect to be able to communicate or do business on their smartphone or tablet. We’re in the process of making that possible at the Department of Revenue,” Massman later posted on his Facebook page. The department will consider ideas and feedback as it develops and launches a mobile app in late-2014.